Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Letter # 65

Hello Everyone!

Well some crazy and unexpected things have happened.
I HAVE BEEN TRANSFERRED!!!!

Ya it was the weirdest thing. I was only in Hsinchu for 1 transfer, which is bizarre because usually when someone becomes zone leader for the first time they are in that area for a good amount of time. But I guess the Lord has something else planned for me.

I was moved up to Central Taipei to be one of the zone leaders. I was so shocked when the call came out. But so excited at the same time. I love Taipei. It has always been my favorite place to be on the island. But I have never served in the center of the city before so it is going to be a big change!

This morning I got off the train and walked out of Taipei Main Station and truly realized how big the city of Taipei was. My new companion is Elder Moreno. He is from Alpine, Utah. This is his last transfer on his mission. He was in my zone when I was in Shipai. He is an awesome missionary! Seriously, I have so much to
learn from him. When the call first came that I was going to be with him I knew that it was an answer to my prayers on a lot of things. So I'm really excited about this transfer.

Taipei is an amazing city, and our area is right in the heart of it. It will be cool to be in on a lot of the action. From what I have heard we are in touch with President a lot because we are so close to the mission office. Exciting yah!

Well my last week in Hsinchu was a crazy one. It was unlike any other in my whole mission. One of the elders has been sick and in the Hospital. He has been having some problems with his kidneys. But he has been there for the last four days. He has been sick for the last two weeks but it started to get serious so he went to the best hospital in the area which happened to be in our area. President and the assistants told my companion and I that because we were the zone leaders we were the ones that had to arrange everything. Basically
what would happen is my companion Elder Yeh would stay most of the time in the hospital with the sick Elder, just because of the communication issue. It is obviously a lot easier to communicate with a doctor about medical things if you're a native right. In the meantime I would take the other Elder out. So Elder Yeh stayed a few nights there with him while I would take out the other Elder.

The trick was, that through all this we still had things we had to do, like Baptismal interviews, and arranging members to pick us up and take us places we needed to go. Also we were dealing with transfer weekend so we were also running around trying to get some Elders that were leaving all packed and ready, while still taking turns/shifts staying with the sick Elder that was in the hospital. It was a week of stress that's for sure, and everyone was exhausted. But through it all, in my opinion, we still got so much done. We still had lots of lessons and the Woo family was able to make it to church this week.

That was sad having to leave them. I was way excited to see them baptized. But its all good. I really am so excited about where I am, and I think most importantly I think that I learned what it is that the Lord wanted me to learn there. Plus it just feels right. Well because of time right now I can't write too much but I will share something that I thought was funny. The Mother of the Woo family thinks mom looks like Martha Stewart.. I was cracking up when she said that. I guess I can see it to. ????

Well the Scripture for this week is Elder Moreno's favorite scripture. (Alma 22:18).


O God, Aaron hath told me that there is a God; and if there is a God, and if thou art God, wilt thou make thyself known unto me, and I will give away all my sins to know thee, and that I may be raised from the dead, and be saved at the last day. And now when the king had said these words, he was struck as if he were dead.
Okay much love
Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment