Monday, July 12, 2010

Letter # 64

Well This week went faster than any other this transfer. Some big things happened in our mission this week.  One of them being a visit from a member of the First Presidency. Ya I didn't really tell anyone. I kinda kept forgetting to put it in my email, but President Uchtdorf came to Taiwan. His two twin grandsons were in the two missions here. The Taichung and Taipei missions. He came to pick them up and have a week with them here. Ya it was awesome. We first got to have a mission conference with him and then we got to attend the conference he put on for the members in Taiwan. It seriously was amazing.

The things he said were exactly what the people needed to hear here. He talked a lot about putting importance on the things that are actually important and he talked a lot about the blessings of keeping the commandments. He promised everyone so many blessings for doing it too. Ya, I love President Uchtdorf. I have always really liked him. I don't know what it is about him but it seems the principles that he expresses in his testimony are the ones that really are the foundation of my own. I feel the Spirit so strongly every time he gives a talk. He always seems to talk about something that really hits me so deeply. That is the "Sweetness of the Gospel." I had no Idea what that meant until I started getting a little older as a missionary. I still don't think that I can properly express my feelings of that sentence. I think I can express it is just by explaining that it is a feeling of the heart that overtakes your life and transforms you into a true son or daughter of God. I love this Gospel with all my heart. It has truly changed my life and has given me everything. I can't imagine life without it. Life would be so pointless.

President Uchtdorf's wife (Harriet) also gave a great talk at our mission conference. She is Hilarious. I was laughing so hard at some of the things she was saying with her thick German accent. She is a Fireball.  She shared her conversion story and how the thing that really touched her family was the Plan of Salvation. She said the missionaries had knocked on the door not to long after her Father had died, and that the Restored Gospel gave her mother the answers and the comfort that no other message could give her at that time. It was awesome. I am pretty sure that this is the last visitor we will get of that level before I leave.

Well Investigators....... We are in the same state we were in last week. People are doing well but there is not that many progressing investigators. We are finding a lot of people but lately it seems so hard to get them to come to Church and just make the next step. The Woo family is doing great. The mom and the son didn't make it to church last week but they are still doing well and accept everything that is being taught.

The weather is still as hot as ever. I'm just getting used to it now. I'm kind of now to the "Whatever" point of my feelings toward the weather. . Which means I don't really care how hot it is any more. I'm used to it.

My companion and I are doing well. I think a lot of this transfer he and I have really struggled with unity. It feels that way anyway. It's not that there has been any huge arguments or anything like that. It's just that we were missing something in our companionship. We talked about it this last week and it seems like things have been getting better since. I hope so at least.

Well that's about it from this week. The scripture I want to share is 2 Nephi 5:10-11, and verse 27. I think it goes well with the meaning of the "Sweetness of the Gospel"


And we did observe to keep the judgments, and the statutes, and the commandments of the Lord in all things, according to the law of Moses.
And the Lord was with us; and we did prosper exceedingly; for we did sow seed, and we did reap again in abundance. And we began to raise flocks, and herds,
and animals of every kind.
And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness.


I love you all.
Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment