Monday, August 24, 2009

Letter # 20


Well Big News!
Transfers came around and I am Finally out of the big city. For anyone who doesn't know I was in the city of Banqiao and I didn't know that until yesterday that it is one of the most dense cities in the world. Its unbelievable that so many people can live in one area. I'm not sure on the population of the city. But its a lot! Anyway I was moved to the city of Longtan which means "Dragon Lake" Pretty cool huh? Its pretty far from Taipei. Its close to the west coast. But it is pretty small.... Well compared to a typical Taiwanese city. It will take some time to get used to it.

From what I heard this city is going pretty slow in the work and has not seen a lot of success lately. But I will be honest. That makes me more excited. I love the challenge!!!!!!! I also got a new companion. He is another native. He is a 27 year old elder who joined the church about 3 years ago. Its a miracle story. Anyway he is really quite and will be heading home in a few months. His name is Elder Woo. He seems really nice. I will admit I am already a little bit lonely. Because I don't think we have anything in common. But I am sure it will turn out okay. It will just take some time. One great thing is that I am with another native Chinese companion who does not speak English. SO my Chinese will boost really fast like it did last transfer.

Well this last Friday we had to cancel the baptism with that one investigator. His Dad said that he wanted him to learn more about the church and really study it before he joins. He didn't want issues with the family so he agreed. But he will be baptized later. I am going to talk to the mission president about being able to go back to that area and baptizing him. I am pretty sure he will let me. Anyway I don't have much time to write today. We have to go get groceries and get some sleep. I didn't sleep much last night (up all night packing and stuff).

Oh ya, I found out something cool. A few months ago I was on companion exchanges with another elder in his area and I contacted into a family who is now getting baptized. The Mom and the Son. That made me feel really thankful that I opened my mouth and shared it with them. Well all is well love you all so so much.

The scripture this week is 2 Nephi 9. ...Great Eternal Perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment