Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Letter # 21 ...First Pics of Longtan!

















Hey Family,
Okay well there is a lot of big changes for me this last week so I will do my best to share them all. I was transferred to the "town" of Longtan. (has over 100,000 people but here that's a town) Its so cool to get a glimpse of the countryside. It's beautiful out here. I'm glad to be out of the city. I can actually breathe! So I found out that Longtan was voted one of the best places to live in the country so that's nice to know.

The people are more humble out here it seems. There is also a huge population of the original ethnic group from Taiwan. In English we just call them aborigines but here they are called yen ju min. They are a super humble people and they speak this crazy dialect but they are most of the time really willing to talk to us.

Well as far as the work goes. We saw so many miracles this last week. The week before I got here there was only 1 investigator at church. But my companion and I worked our tails off on the streets trying to talk to everyone. This last week we had 7 investigators at church. It was amazing. A couple of people came to church on their own they wanted to learn about the gospel and the church. One guy had met missionaries 30 years ago and his family is baptized and he decided that he wanted to better his life and learn about the gospel. He now has a baptismal date for next month. We are truly seeing a lot blessings. Most of our investigators are actually moms. Ya, its a little weird teaching girls all the time. In our last area we had sister missionaries.

My companion just turned 28 and we went out to some seafood noodle place for his birthday. INTERESTING..... But the food is pretty good actually. I would have never touched that before my mission ...but things change. Especially when you don't really have a choice at what your going to eat. He is a great Elder ...Super obedient and almost a little too mature. Sometimes a little too serious but he has softened up a little bit. Its fun to make him say things in English. He sounds exactly like Jackie Chan. I make him say lines from movies. It seriously is the funniest thing. Well, other than that things are going well and progressing. It seems that the Lord has placed me in places and situations I am completely not used to so that I can learn. It has all been a real humbling experience.

Okay so the scripture this week is D&C 5:24
I have been trying to read in D&C a lot lately and I love this scripture. It talks about the blessing and gifts of truly humbling yourself before the Lord.

Well love you all...
LOVE, PEACE, and CHICKEN GREASE - I'm out.
Wei Zhang Lao.

No comments:

Post a Comment