Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Letter # 31


Hey family!

Well my eyes are black and I am exhausted. These last two weeks have been so exhausting. My comp (Elder Constantino) and I are doing awesome. We are loving the area we are in and the investigators are going well. We actually are teaching three families right now and it is going great. Everyone is progressing. But I am afraid I will not be in Longtan next transfer so that will be sad. I'll just pray real HARD!

Well two of the new members are Sister Lin and Brother Zhong. They were baptized last transfer and they're doing awesome. Zhong was an 18 yr old kid that I met at a stoplight about 2 months ago. Now he is doing amazing. He comes and teaches with us in our lessons. He said something in one of our lessons that made Missionary work just that much more worth it. He told the person that we were teaching that he wouldn't be here if it wasn't true. He told her he would not waste his time on Sunday coming to church if it wasn't true. He bore his testimony strongly and he has only been a member for a few weeks. He is also talking to us about plans to go on a mission. To me that is one of the most rewarding things of a mission, to be able to see the people you teach progress.

Also Sister Lin is amazing. She comes and teaches with us all the time. Her testimony is so powerful. It blows me away. She sounds like she has been a member all her life. Anyway she got accepted to go to New York for college in a few months. Her English is really good so she will just go to a normal ward in New York. She also is really excited to see all the Church history sites. Well my companion and I went on a couple adventures this last week. We were riding our bikes in this super rural kind of jungle going to an investigators house, and we saw this small road to the side that was blocked off so cars couldn't get in..........we of course jumped our bikes to see where it led. As we road a minute in this Jungle we came to this big tent. I was so freaked out. As we peaked our head in we saw a bunch of boxes. I first thought they were Drugs for sure (ha ha ha). But anyway me being my curious self I opened one of them and there was a huge vase in it. Again being curious I opened the lid ..........................and behold ASHES! yah, human remains in the vases. We found all these urns deep in the jungle. I felt like Elder Indiana Jones. (haha) I was freaking out. My companion wasn't real happy but it was funny! We ended up biking out of there as fast as we could.

Well this week has been another great week as far as investigators and more personal growth. I have noticed that as my Chinese has gotten better and communication isn't becoming the biggest problem. I have really started to grow such a love for them. I remember when I first came to Taiwan. I thought the Culture was so weird and in all honesty I thought the people were a little weird as well. But as I started being able to listen to what they say I realized that I was wrong. I have realized one firm fact that I can never begin to deny. That is that we are ALL children of our Heavenly Father. It has become so apparent to me. It has strengthened my testimony so much to understand the most simple principle of the church. It ironically been the thing that has changed me the most and taught me how to love others. I love it here! I can't think of anywhere else I would want to be.

Well I don't have a lot of time as usual but the scripture is Alma 26:37 I know God is mindful of all his children.

Love you all so so so so so much.
WEI Zhang Lao

No comments:

Post a Comment