Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Letter # 62


Hello Family.

This week flew by really fast. It just seems to go faster and faster as the mission goes. But I have some great Miracles that happened this last week.

The first is a story from last Monday.  So it was coming to the close of our Preparation day and we were hurrying to the store to buy a few things before it hit 6:00. Because technically by 6:00 we should be completely finished and should be out on the streets by that time. So as were biking we literally had 3 or 4 minutes to make it. At that time all I had in my mind was just get to the store as fast as possible. But as we were biking down this alley we passed a man and I don't really know how to explain it. But it was almost this clear as ever feeling or thought you could say that came to my head. The thought was a very distinct "Stop, and Talk to Him."  At that time I slowed my bike down and looked at my companion, he knowing exactly what I was doing, and as I groaned a little bit inside because of the time, I decided I had to turn back and that I couldn't let it go. I rode up to the man very quickly and told him who I was. I introduced myself as a missionary and started asking him a few questions. He was incredibly attentive the entire time, which in all honestly did surprise me to a point. I told him that we didn't have much time but that I would like to set a time with him and try to share more about our message. He agreed and gave me his number. A few days later I called him and he was very willing to set a time up with us.

We met with him for the first time yesterday afternoon. As we sat down with him we asked him why he was willing to meet with us and he said that one of the questions I had asked him was a question that he has had for a long time that has remained unanswered to him. The question was "What is the purpose of this life?"  He went on to tell us that when I had asked him that question he thought back to the curiosity he had always had towards this unanswered problem. As we met with him yesterday we testified of the fact that there is a God, and he has a very specific plan for all of us. We taught him the full Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he seemed more than willing to set another time with us for next week.  Next week we are going to share with him the Plan of Salvation which will give him all the answers to the questions he has right now. It really was a miracle that we experienced.

I really know with my heart that God has been preparing this person for a very long time. His name Jun Wei Huang. He is 27. Everyone please pray for him.

Well the next miracle is also a story but I will be shorter about it.Last night we had about a half an hour before we had to be in and we were biking our way back from the Church and contacting people on the way. While my companion was talking to someone I was biking up and down the road looking for someone to talk to and then I spotted this man getting ready to walk into his Apartment building. I kind of rode over to the curve and yelled out "Ni Hao, Wan an" Which is like hello, good evening. He stopped and looked at me, and after realizing I was a missionary, immediately turned away and started walking into the building. I then told him I just wanted to give him a pamphlet and he still didn't really want it. But I eventually was able to get my bike over to him to give this guy one of our tracts. As I gave him one of the tracts I shook his hand and asked his name and asked if he had seen missionaries before. A little reluctantly he said yes as he smiled. I then just tried to just kinda cut to it because I knew this guy did not have a lot of interest.

I then just asked him "are you happy" I then asked again and said "Can you honestly say that you are happy with your life?" He paused for a few seconds and then said to me "Hi Hao" which means ok/not really.  After that we had a really good conversation and I told him a little bit about what it is that we were sharing. At the end of the conversation, he was willing to set up a time with us for next week. That was a huge miracle for me and strengthened my faith so much. I cannot even begin to explain how happy I was after the contact with that guy.

Well as far as investigators go right now.... We are teaching this mother and her son. They are doing so Awesome right now! They are the Woo Family. They are planning on getting baptized at the end of July. They both came to church for the first time yesterday and it went really well. So also please pray for them. The rest of the week was okay. In the midst of all the wonderful things there are always trials. That has kept me on my toes these last couple days. Also this last week I have been going on more exchanges with missionaries in our zone. I love doing that but sometimes it gets really stressful always going from apartment to apartment. Other than that all things were about the same this week.

So the scripture I want to share is in Mormon 9:19-21.
Its all about Miracles.


And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.
And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust.
Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.


I love you all. Thank you so much for the support.
I love my family so much,
and I am so thankful for everyone.
Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment