Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Letter # 67

* * SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT * * 
Elder Chris Weinberger will be officially returning home on November 23, 2010!


His latest update:

Okay so I do not have a lot of time to write this letter.

For the most part went well this week. We worked incredibly hard. Even when it was the hardest to do it. It seriously gets so hot at times. I will still come out of my apartment in the morning and start the day and think, how can it be THIS HOT already. But it makes it more fun at times (That whole "I am going to conquer it" mind set).

Oh yes, a little info for the family. I am loosing weight. Yes, I am getting skinnier. So quick send me some cookies and sweets.

Well this week like the last was a little trialsome personally. I was being a little too hard on myself about some of my imperfections. But as I spoke with President Grimley about some of the things that were bothering me I had a very large spiritual impression last night about the Atonement. I felt so much peace last night when I thought of my Savior and his ability to cleanse us of our sins and help us with our imperfections. I was filled with so much gratitude for him and my Heavenly Father for providing me a way to overcome my mistakes. I feel in a way that my heart has been softened just a little bit more, even from just last night. There aren't words to express my thanks for him. Even though trials can be so painful, especially when your right in the "fire" of it, the growth afterwards makes it so worth it. I feel that even from last night I was filled with more desire to share this message.

Well the baptism went great this week. Really smoothly. My Companion was the one that ended up baptizing him. Also we were able to have 2 investigator families at church this week, which was huge for us. I think that is probably the first time that has ever happened in my mission.

Well I really don't have a lot of time this week to write but things are going well. Thank you for your prayers.
Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment