Monday, August 30, 2010

Letter # 71



Well.... New transfer, and New companion.
Its going to be awesome. My new companion's name is Elder Clavel. He is from Chino, California. He is half Chilean and half Mexican, and his Spanish is just about as good as his English. So I am going to be doing some brushing up on my rusted non existent Spanish. I took two years in high school and remember 3 words. One of them is "bathroom".

I know I am a total embarrassment of the Public School system in Utah. But its okay, and I will repent of that ....eventually. If I decide to take Spanish in college I promise to work hard. Also I have the "Mandarin excuse". Because learning Chinese pretty much destroys anything that I learned before. It occupies your mind and then deep fries anything that has to do with another language. (English included).

Anyway he is a great missionary and really young. He is the youngest Zone Leader in the mission which means that he has possibilities of doing great things in the mission. He was one of the District leaders in our Zone Last transfer so I have already been on exchanges with him once before. He is cool, and we will get along just dandy. I really think that I have been blessed on my mission with my companions. I have always had fun companions. Well... for the most part. I think there is only one that was a little hard to get along with. But the rest have always been my good friends. I am so thankful for that.

Well it was weird for Elder Moreno to leave. he gets on a plane tomorrow, and that was a weird reality for me to face, knowing that my time is not far either. I didn't really get a chance to say goodbye to him or anything. He had to run into his final interview with president, and we had to get home. But I had a great last transfer. One of the best on my mission. I think the relationship I had with Elder Moreno was one of the best that I have had with a companion. We never even really had one disagreement, and we pretty much saw eye to eye on the way to do missionary work. This last transfer was also one of the most successful I have had. Like I said in my last emails. We have been contacting pretty much every Family we see, and it has really paid off.

Yesterday we had two families at church and it went great they all loved it. We were able to meet with one of the families last night for Elder Moreno's last lesson on his mission. We watched the Restoration movie with them and invited them to be baptized and they accepted. This Family is set to be baptized on the 9th of October. It is the Zhou family. I don't know if I have said anything about them in earlier blogs but this family is great. They are one of our best investigators right now. I actually contacted the Mom originally right outside of their apartment. She set up with us originally mostly because she is just nice and she had been involved with the Catholic Church before so she knew a little bit about Jesus Christ. The Husband of the family was the one that has really surprised us with his interest. He really is curious about our church and after last night he expressed his desire to know if it really is true or not. There are so many blessing in our area right now. I am pretty excited about next transfer and what is going to happen but I imagine for me personally it will be  the busiest transfer of my whole mission, which is exhausting yet so satisfying. So everyone please pray for the Zhou family and especially for their prayers to receive answers.

As far as the news last week. It was really HOT obviously. But no big rain. Well there was actually rain but it wasn't the rain that got us. We happened to be doing our Weekly Planning Session in our apartment the one time it rained last week. Ha ha, tender mercies of the Lord. Also because it was elder Moreno's last week we had lots of members taking us to dinner and lunch. That was sweet.

This last week was really stressful for us as well. We were pretty stacked with things we had to be doing. I was pretty tired all week. A lot of it is attributed to bad sleep. I don't know what it was about this last week but there was a couple nights where I kept waking myself up because I was contacting or teaching a lesson in my sleep.Elder Moreno kept saying that I constantly would sit up and start acting like I was teaching someone in the middle of the night and wake him up. I thought it was hilarious.

Well the scripture this week is in honor of my companion. Its Alma 26:12.

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
Love you all so so so much.
Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment