Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Letter # 70




WOW! I am in week six in my 13th transfer, and my companion is going home next Tuesday. Things are starting to get a little weird here. But Elder Moreno and I were able to avoid a lot of the conversations about home. a.k.a...(Trunky Discussions). When I first got to this area Elder Moreno told me that because it was his last transfer he had a goal to try to not talk about the.....When I.... Before I..... get home conversations. He really wanted to stay focused and he and I both feel that we have done a good job with it. Usually we don't like talking about it, mainly because it freaks us both out.

Now when people in the mission ask the question "Hey Elder! What transfer is this for you?" or my favorite "How much longer do you have?"  This sudden cringe come over me reminding me that my time is short, and I HATE answering back. I think mostly because there is so much more I desire to do here. I feel like there are so many precious things that I am learning now that I would literally kill to have that knowledge and the attitude that comes with that knowledge as a younger missionary. It makes me sad and it hurts. But the truth of the matter, is that I think it is this way for almost every missionary. We all deal with the same things, and all we can do is just endure to the end and do your best. I am going to love and hate coming home at the same time.

Well the last week I thought was good. Basically this whole transfer has just been good. Our focus has been completely on Families this transfer. I don't think we even really meant to do that either. It was just kind of the way things worked out. I think mostly because Elder Moreno and I contact every single Mother we saw. But we are teaching so many families and its great.

One family in Particular is doing well. That is the Kuo family consisting of a Mother and her two kids. We have had great follow ups with her on the phone this last week. She told us that her kids had all these questions about the Book of Mormon and she didn't know how to answer, so she asked me if she could borrow some movies to watch to help her better understand so she could teach the kids. I was ecstatic when I heard that. She is an Investigator that is actually trying to do her best in keeping commitments; and because she is trying and "experimenting upon the word", she is starting to feel the difference in her life.

That's the trick really for everyone. Just do it, and you will see why. I think back at the best investigators that I had in my mission, and they got it because all they did was just simply DO what we invited them to do. It's impossible for a person who lives the gospel and obeys the commandments to NOT taste the fruit from it. I am so happy for this Mother.

* * PLEASE PRAY FOR HER EVERYONE!
Also there is another person that I hope everyone can pray for. It is a another Mother. Her name is Yu.

Yu has two daughters. We took them on a little bit of a temple tour yesterday and had a good lesson with her in the chapel. She has such a strong desire to go to church and have a better family, but her husband is very against Christians, so chances are he will not allow her to meet with us again. Please pray for them and especially her husband.




Well the week before was also my Birthday. My companion and I met with other Elders and went to the Outback Steakhouse in Taipei. I know ...not very frugal right? But I hadn't had a real American steak since I got to Taiwan so I was a little malnourished. It was divine! The Birthday was fun. It also happened to be on a preparation day so it was the double bonus birthday.

Last thing I want to share from last week is about someone that I think I have already told everyone about a few weeks ago. Sister Mo? She is the older lady in our ward that was the refugee from China when she was a little girl. She wrote this song/poem and sang it for us one night at dinner. It is a song about Jesus Christ and the greatest blessing God has for us which is him. This song she wrote has the old Asian sound to it and the way she sings it is awesome. It was such a cool experience for me personally because when she was singing the song chills just came over me and a special thought came to me. It was a thought that told me that God loves all of his children everywhere. That he is truly mindful of all. I will try to hold the feelings I had that night close to me, because they were strong.


Okay the scripture I want to share this week I might have already shared already but I want to share it again. It's Alma 26:37.

Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.


Love everyone so so much.
Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment