Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Letter # 11

...and so ends the busiest week of my entire life.

Well, I got a new companion ten days ago. He is an older missionary. He goes home in just a few months. It was hard because he came into the area I was already in. So I was the only one who knew anything about the area. Wow. It was so hard for the first couple of days. I don't think I have ever worked harder in my entire life. We had to in order to get this area up and running. We saw 7 brand new investigators and a whole family coming to church. We also taught 22 "sit down" lessons. I haven't seen this in my entire mission. We were blessed so much with success. I know that the lord blessed us because of the hard work. I liked having things on my shoulders. It really pumped me up, doing this, and wanting to do it the right way. My new companion is awesome. We teach really well together and our investigators our really progressing - but still need a lot of work.
So the sun is really starting to cook me. I have the nastiest tan line from our shirts. My face and neck is tan until it gets have way down my neck and then pale white.
Ha! its kinda funny.
Oh and we also decided to try to do a deep cleaning of our whole apartment. Now missionaries have been in there for years and I don't think it has been touched with anything close to a broom since then. You would not believe some of the organisms we found living in corners. I swear there is a new species alive and well.
Other then that, I want to talk about the new family that we have.
We met the Father at a convenience store. He came up to me while I was buying a drink and he had tears in his eyes. He just starting going off about all these problems he has been having. I could also smell the alcohol on is breath. I didn't really understand everything he said but we were able to teach him really quickly outside of the store. We have met with him and his family 5 times since last week. The wife is Philippino and speaks better English than she does Chinese. (That gets hard a lot of the time). When we started meeting he was drunk at one of our appointments, It was crazy. The wife told us she really needed our help. I am not going to lie I was really nervous. I have never seen anything close to this in my life. She also told us that he gets violent when he is drunk too. The kids are the cutest. One is a 4 year old boy like Zeke and Grant. But really long story short they came to church and he promised not to drink anymore. We call him everyday to make sure he is still doing it. Since the other night he hasn't drunk anything. We are really happy. We are going to try to give them baptismal dates on Friday. I can't even begin to say how busy we were this week but this was just one of the crazy stories.

So this weeks scripture is 2 Nephi 32:9. It really expresses the importance of prayer. We shared this a lot this week. Love you all thank you so much for your prayers. I can feel the help.
Wei Zhang Lao

No comments:

Post a Comment