Monday, June 29, 2009

Letter # 14 with 20 new pics!






















Hey, Ni hao Family

Transfers came around and I am still in the huge city Banqiao. I have a new companion. He is native Chinese who doesn't speak any English. (This could be an interesting transfer.)
His name is Elder Yo. He seems like a really cool guy so I am more excited than worried.

Well I don't have like any time today so I will just share an experience I had from this week. For the last few months I have been praying a lot asking to love the people we serve. I feel like my prayer was answered with a specific experience.
We were on our way to a lesson and we stopped at a traffic light. I started talking to a guy on a
scooter next to me. I only had the chance to talk to him for maybe 15 seconds. But he rejected everything I told him. He quickly drove off as soon as he could. Now we do this every day all day so I should be pretty used to this by now but for some reason this one was different. For the
first time I felt true sorrow that he was not going to have a chance to be blessed by this gospel. I know that sounds like a pretty normal feeling but it was something I have never felt before. It was a really weird feeling I had. It was a good experience because it gave me a really good vision of purpose. These people need to hear this, and they need this gospel. This is where true happiness is.

The scripture for this week is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. Moroni 7.
It has an amazing statement at in the last verse. It talks about praying with all the energy of heart to be filled with the love of Charity.

Okay gotta run sorry this week was a short letter. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment