Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Letter # 42

你好我的家庭
Hey Fam!

I emailed a little later than usual this week because this morning we had an Investigator take us to lunch today. He actually took us all the way up to the very north coast of Taiwan to this city called Danshui. Its like this port town with a huge river running through it and is surrounded by green mountains....... Yah, it's beautiful. Anyway he took us to this way nice restaurant right on the coast. We spent the rest of the day walking on the pier eating ice cream in 80 degree weather ...So how is Utah? :)

Anyway, it was a good "preparation day" without to big annoying overdone plans. Plus it was good to spend some time with our Investigator. He is getting baptized on the 27th of this month. He name is Bang Ying Leo. He is like 40 and unmarried but we are pretty sure he will just find someone in the Church. ( We are hoping so anyway).

So this week was a tad bit slower than the last weeks. The closer we get to Chinese New year the harder it gets to meet with people. But still going strong with the two people that are getting baptized on the 27th. We actually are having a baptism this next Sunday and its an amazing story. This 21 year old girl, her name is Hui Ru Xie; is someone we met about a month and a half ago. It was one of my first days in this area. But my companion and I were just biking past this convenience store one day and this girl was just kinda smiling and waving at us. YA......WIERD! But nevertheless we stopped and started talking to her. She had a lot of interest in our English class but unsure about the gospel. She said she was willing to set up a time though. We ended up letting the sisters take over. But ever since then she has been to church every single week and has completely changed her life. She passed her Baptismal interview last Saturday and it was decided that I was going to be the one to baptize her. I am way excited. Its amazing how some people come. But I am so thankful that my companion and I stopped to talk to her. I know that God prepares people. I don't know by any means how he does it but I believe he has his own specific way for every person. She was well ready when we talked to her.

We had another unbelievable miracle happen this last week. It was with the family we are teaching. The Zhang Family. Anyway the last time we met with them it was a great lesson. We watched the Joseph Smith Restoration video with him and the dad had a great feeling about it. But after the video he mentioned his worry about the smoking thing and quitting. We tried our best to explain to him that the Lord would help him. We saw him a few days later on the street and he had this really bad cough and was going to see the doctor about it. But the miracle is, that a few days before that the dad got involved in a little scooter accident and hit his chest on the front of his scooter pretty hard. So he had this cough that was getting worse. This last Saturday we called him to remind him about Church in the morning and he told us that he was in the hospital and had to get surgery. We rode over there really quickly. When we got there we found out that he had these bubbles that were in his Lungs because of the accident. He told us that the doctor told him that he could never smoke again because it was to dangerous. When my companion and I heard that I kinda just put my head down and tried not to laugh. We both knew that the Lord stepped in and was helping us out. What was interesting was that we both felt that if there was one thing that was going to hold him back, it would have been the cigarettes for sure. It was really an amazing miracle. We went over to the hospital yesterday with one of the members of the bishopric and gave him a blessing. We are going to call him tonight and see how he is doing.

This week I also received a big answer to my prayers as well. There was one day that we had that was just filled with trials and it kinda seemed like the day was just getting worse and worse. Every missionary knows exactly what that feels like. The day ended and it was a relief. I made it to 10:30 and got on my knees. I was filled with a lot of distress and doubt. In my prayer I kept asking how I could be better and what I could do to become better. The morning rolled around and a call came on our home phone, and basically there are only two people who ever call on that phone. The District Leader or this kinda "special person" named Kevin. I only know him by his English name. He has known the missionaries for years and somehow knows all of our phone numbers. But it was 6:40 and I was in the middle of my morning prayer and the phone was just constantly ringing and it would not stop. I knew it was him and I was just hoping that he would give up and stop calling. But he didn't. The phone just kept ringing. I was already annoyed as it was but I kinda just gave up the prayer and went over to the phone, not really the best of moods and answered. It was him and he called me just wanting to chat and see if I was going to church and stuff. He kinda asks the same questions every day. But I got really annoyed this time and was really short with him and immediately told him that I had to go. Right as I hung up I had a very guilty felling and I realized that my prayers were answered. The Lord let me know exactly where it was that I needed to be better. He told it to me as straight is it comes. I need to be filled with love all the time. Not just some of the time, or when I feel like it. But all the time in all circumstances. That experience strengthened my Testimony so much in the power of prayer and the importance of having love always in my heart.

The scripture I want to share this week is Alma 5:38. The whole Chapter is really good and talks a lot about repentance. Everyone read it.

Love you gotta go!
Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment