Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Letter # 47

Sweet!!!!!!!!
I am so stoked for Steve and Lori. A new Nephew when I get back! I was so excited when I read the email, especially the Chinese Steve put in there. How do you do that anyway? You must have like some translating program or something. But I was stoked cause I could read it.

Anyway, some seriously big things have happened in my mission this last week. But I will start by reporting a little bit on the Investigators and stuff. Well this last Saturday we set 3 new baptismal dates with people, one of them being the Father of that new family. His name is Da Yu Gao. He is set for the 24th of April. He is really progressing and has been to Church the last 3 weeks in a row. He loves the Book of Mormon. He is really smart with history and stuff so the Book of Mormon is even more interesting to him. The other two were the older lady Mei Yu Chen, we reset her date because she wasn't able to make the first, and a new guy we started teaching. He speaks German and prefers to be called Jakkob. I actually don't know his full Chinese name. He is really good and completely willing to read and pray.

We still have lots of other investigators that we are working with. I am so thankful for all the people we are teaching right now. It feels good not having an empty planner wondering what we should do that day! Like John said right before I left. The Secret to missionary work....... is work! I know that if we are willing to put in the work ourselves and do all that we can on our part, the Lord will the make up the rest. This is an eternal principle. We are feeling the blessings from hard work. The more and more my mission goes the more and more I realize how much the Lord expects from me as an individual. When much is given much is required!

Well the real big news this week came in a phone call from the Mission Leaders. Move calls were this weekend and my companion Elder Shumway got moved down to Xin Zhu, which is close to the center of the Island. I was called to stay here and be the District Leader over the Beitou area. It was everything that I thought would not happen! I also found out later that nigh that my new companion was another native and that every single person in the District was native Taiwanese except for me. I am obviously excited but the last few days have been filled with thoughts of doubt and discouragement and feelings of unworthiness. I will honestly say that I am very scared. I think the stress is going to double now. I have been on my knees a lot asking for help these last couple of days. I think that is one of the Lord's ways of telling me that I need to rely on him more. This Transfer is going to be very interesting.

My new companions name is Elder Du. He is from Taichung (center of the Island). His older brother served a mission and like me he is a second generation member. I don't know anything about him but he seems really cool. He has a slightly laid back, but cool attitude.

Well today I really do not have time to tell a lot. We have to go pick up the other missionary in our district right now. So I gotta go. But I love everyone so much and I am so Thankful for my Family.

The scripture this week is Ether 12:27
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

No comments:

Post a Comment