Monday, April 19, 2010

Letter # 52

我親愛的家聽,我很開心可以再對你們報告
(My beloved Family, I am so happy to get to get to report to you all again)

Well we had a great week as far as Missionary work goes. It was a miracle. I have been in Taiwan for more than a year now and I have never had more new investigators in one week than we had this last week. It was truly unbelievable. I don't think I have had a teaching pool like this before. Also this week we have a new family to teach. She is a mother that we contacted about a week ago and she said that we could come to her house and teach her family. She had two kids by her side at the time and I was just hoping with all my heart that the lesson was going to go through. The night before the lesson we called her and she sounded excited on the phone and told us that her husband was going to be there as well to sit down with us. They are the YU family. It was amazing. We sat down and she told us that she wanted to be a better mother and learn more patience with her kids. She told us that the reason why she set up with us was because when we met her we bore our testimonies about families and showed her our tract that says 家庭是永恆的. (Families are forever) She was touched with what we said.

What is most amazing is this lady's background is completely Buddhist. Which means she has no real sound understanding of God! In the lesson she went on to ask us how this could help her. I explained to her that we look at Jesus Christ as our example and use the principles of faith and repentance to help us, and that through that our natures can be changed. I explained to her a little bit about the Atonement. The Atonement will take a while for her to understand.  Overall the lesson went well and they set another time next Saturday for us to come back. I am so stoked! I can't explain the need this country has for this gospel, especially regarding the families here. They need so much help. The Chinese have such a large emphasis on families to begin with. So all the members here have a great testimony of what the gospel can do for their families and what more it gives them.

As far as all the new investigators from last week... It is going to take a lot of good planning to take care of everything. Well other than that of missionary work..... still and even more stress than last week. My companion is still really having a hard time adjusting. He just really doesn't like the way things go. Its so hard because I feel like I truly have done everything I can do to fix the problem. I have tried to speak him many times and help him out. But he is not willing to talk and fix the feeling and attitude. My personal opinion is that his happiness can all be changed in a matter of minutes. It really comes down to  choice. Like I said last week, I am not going to get into details or anything but things are not easy between my companion and me right now. This is the first time I have ever experienced anything like this in my mission and I don't really know what to do?

I don't think I have ever been so tired in my life. I really am exhausted.... Well I was talking to the Zone leaders and we came to the conclusion that what I needed to do was to play it off, and treat my companion as if there was no problem at all. So today I just starting acting like there was never a problem to begin with. I really do think it could work. Most of all I think it might be able to make him happy. Because if he gets the feeling that I am not being natural talking to him, it will immediately remind him that something is wrong and then he might get in a bad mood again. I think by just acting natural his mind will get off of what's wrong and then things will start getting positive.

Anyway this is the last week of the transfer, and I know there is a very good chance that I will leave but in all honesty I don't want to. Mainly because I will feel like I left a problem with my companion unsolved. That I really refuse to do. I feel like we are together for a very specific reason and the result of it is NOT supposed to be negative. Things will be okay with my companion I really have faith.

Well the Gao family is still doing well. We are just waiting for the interview this week and the baptism should be this Saturday. I can't wait!

Okay I really got to go! Love you all ssssssssoooooooooooo much!!!!!
Thank you for the Prayers.
Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment