Monday, April 26, 2010

Letter # 53

家庭你好,我還活著 Hey Fam! Im alive and I made it.

So we are at the start of a new transfer. I barely made it our of the last one. Saying it was hard is an understatement. There were times that I had to just hit my knees and plead for help because I had no where else to go. But it is over. I think this last transfer I really learned a lot about myself. I feel like I was being tested in some ways and the Lord really wanted me to get some things out of it. I feel like in the midst of the trial, for the most part, I made the right decisions and did what God would have me do. Well my new companion is Elder DUFF! He's awesome. It's actually a really funny story that I am with him. He is still a younger missionary. This is only his 5th transfer but when he came on a few people thought that I would be the one that was going to train him. I didn't get the call to train him but even after that a bunch of elders have been telling us that we would be put together for sure. It was a pretty big joke, because every time we would see each other at mission conferences or whatever we would always look at each other and say "I will see you next transfer right?" But when I actually got the call on Friday night telling me I was with him it was hilarious! So this transfer is going to be SWEET! Anyway he is from Idaho. This is my third companion from Idaho. I don't really know why I keep getting put with people from Idaho. He graduated in '06 and plays football for West Point. So the guy is a complete Stud. He is a convert to the church. He joined when he was 18. Oh and he is a Red head. But like not just a little red. Its like a full on Crimson color. So for people in Taiwan that is insane! Most people here have never even seen red hair. He was telling me in his last area everyone would stare at him and the kids would come up to him and just want to touch his hair! I think its hilarious. He is so sick of it though, I'm sure.

Well yesterday Brother Gao got baptized! It was amazing. His testimony was awesome. He told everyone that he had known about the Church when he was 27 but decided that he didn't want to accept it. But it took him until he had a family of his own to start to realize how bad he needed answers and what to do for his son. He bore his Testimony about the feeling he had at church and that he knew that the teachings here were exactly what his family needed. It was a really spiritual experience for me. I sat next to his wife the whole time. She seemed to really enjoy it as well. She told me after the baptism that she believed everything. I personally know she has felt it because I have seen it on her face. She just needs a little bit of time. All the other investigators are doing really well. I will give more details on that next week.

But I love you all so much.
The scripture for this week is Alma 7: 11-12.
It's the one Elder Duff chose.

And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

Bye,
Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment