Monday, May 24, 2010

Letter # 57

Okay hello family.

Well the time has again come on my mission.... a time when strong Elders turn to little boys, a time where sweat literally becomes the sixth sense of a human being, a time where wet towels can turn to instant mold (armpits included),..... Its Summer time in Taiwan! Ya its here and its hot! My companion had one afternoon this last week that was rough! We got a little bit of heat stroke by the time we had hit 4:00 and we both were pretty wasted. That afternoon we did not have any lessons so we were outside on our bikes all day. Luckily after that day it started raining and it has been that way to the last two days. Other than the weather report, things have been good.

This last week as far as investigators go has been good. Set two new baptismal dates with people which was really exciting. One of the people is this guy named Jun Min Yeh. He has met with us for almost two months now and is progressing well. He was baptized into another Church before, but is extremely curious with the message of the restoration. He will be coming to church for the first time this coming week.

In other news the Gao family has run into some adversity and a bit of a faith trial. From what Brother Gao told me, he had been on the Internet looking up things about the Church and he ran across a lot of anti-lds stuff and came across some chat room where people openly talk about their religious views. Ya....trouble! So basically these last few weeks he has been hearing a lot of stuff and is starting to have some doubting thoughts. We are going over to their home tonight to have family home evening with them. So please pray for them. They need everyone to pray that they will be able to recognize what is true in the midst of the confusion that face. One of the members of the Bishopric will come with us to visit them and help answer some of those questions.

Well yesterday we had a big stake conference. It was all of the Taipei East Stake. It went really well. Elder Watson spoke. The members in Taiwan love this man. He has been a Mission President here multiple times and now he is in the area Presidency over Asia. His Chinese is really good too. At the stake conference I was really touched in one particular instance when I heard everyone singing the hymns. I don't really know what caused it for me but I just remember looking at their faces thinking how much I loved these people. I don't think it was any real specific reason either. I just remember feeling so much for them. I don't know if it's because I have been here for a while or what but I just felt like going out everyday and serving here has made me feel so much for the people. I know that with all my heart that I have stayed diligent here and it has been a blessing because it seems that as the mission goes on and the more and more I learn about the work, the more
and more I love about the people.

I do love it here, even though it gets almost too hard to handle at times. I love Taiwan with all my heart. I feel at times that this place is where I truly learned about myself. Obviously that would come anywhere with the mission but this place really is a special place for me.

...Well on other great news, mango's are finally here! Ya that's right all you people in the states with your Cafe Rio and what not. We have fresh mango slushees over here. The Taiwanese really pride themselves on their mango's. But they can brag all they want because they really are that good. So ha!

I finished the Book of Mormon again this week, and as I finished it I really tried to pay attention to the promise that Moroni gives in the end. He gives very specific conditions on how to receive the answer of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. that is the scripture I want everyone to read.

Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.

And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

The part that really stuck out to me this time when asking was "having faith in Christ." What I want everyone to do is to read the promise and again ask in your personal prayers if it is true?

I gotta run. Love Ya'll
Elder WEI

No comments:

Post a Comment