Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Letter # 58

Hello everyone, well as much as I talked about the heat last week, it cooled off a lot. It rained for a few days (go figure) and then it just wasn't as hot as it should be. But we will see how this goes next week.

So this is the last week of this transfer, and I am coming on six months in this area. My companion and I are pretty convinced that I will probably not be here next transfer. But in all honesty, I don't really care. As a missionary it's hard not to think of the possibility of what could happen to you when you are in the last week of a transfer, especially when you have been in an area for a while. But I really am okay with anything.  Obviously there is that little excitement about going to a new area but I try not to think about it too much.  Whatever happens, happens.

Today for preparation day we are going to the temple. I am really excited. I haven't been since February. Its so nice to actually be able to just sit and relax just for a little bit especially in the city of Taipei. Don't get me wrong I think I like the city more than I like the country most of the time, but silence is not a privilege that is really given here in the city of Taipei. So I am looking forward to it.

So the investigators are doing well. The Gao family is also well. We met with them again for Family Home Evening on Monday. The plan my companion and I decided to take with their lesson this time was to use the Baptismal interview questions to locate the problem his wife was having. It worked great because we were able to find the root problem on the first question. That being "Do you believe that God is your Eternal Father?" She responded with saying that she believed in God, but was unsure about the Father part.
   From then we took the lesson another way and told her all about God and the love that he had for her and her family. I talked to her about the example of the love that she had for her 2 year old son, and how that love is indescribable. She agreed and went on to say that God's love is much more than that. A love that we can't even understand in our minds. We gave her the assignment of getting on her knees and asking God if he really loved her. She said that she was willing. From what brother Gao told us, he said that his two year old son will remind the parents of saying their prayers nightly. That cracked me up. Kids learn FAST!

The other investigators are good. We have lots that we are working with and in contact with. But getting them to the next level is the trick we are still really struggling with. We can do all that we can to one point. But in the end they have to make the decision to move, or not.

One is particularly moving well. I think I have told everyone about him. His name is Jun Min Yeh. His baptismal goal is for the 26th of this month. We taught him the Word of Wisdom last night and he had no problem at all committing to it. He came to church for the first time last week and liked it from what he said. He did say that the Bishop didn't look very happy up on the stand. It kinda made me laugh a little but I explained that some bishops are just not as outspoken as others.

Well on funny news my companion and I are under attack. Literally. These 8 year old twins that live in the neighborhood where we are and they have attacked me 3 times now to the point where they are grabbing my shirt and wont let go and then holding on to our bikes when we try to escape. Then when we manage to struggle free and get on our bikes they chase us down the street. Crazy right! The first time there was like a whole pack of them. Lately it has just been the two twins.  Pray for us that these attacks will cease. I might have to buy some candy or something to negotiate with them on a cease fire or a treaty of peace of some sort.

Anyway all is well I miss you all so much. Things are great. This last week I have spent so much time in the New Testament and I love it. I love when Jesus throws down on the Pharisees and the hypocrites ha ha.

Well the assignment this week is to read Mathew 5.
Much love.
Love peace and chicken grease!
Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment