Monday, June 7, 2010

Letter # 59






Okay so big things have happened. I received a call last Friday night from President. He called me to be a Zone leader. He then told me that I was moving down to this city called Xinzhu. Then he asked if I was willing? I paused and then told him that I would do my best. I went over and told my companion that I got the call and that I was leaving. Originally I thought if I were to get the call I would have been really stoked. But I wasn't. I was actually really worried. By the time Sunday came around I started to get really excited about it though. The one thing that made me nervous was that I had just completely convinced myself that there was no way I could do it. But I had a lot of prayers about it this last weekend and I just came to the conclusion that I was right. I have lots of shortcomings and am probably not ready to do it. But this is probably the best opportunity I have ever had in my life to completely rely on God for something. I am going to need so much help.

Well I am back in the south. Xinzhu is close to central Taiwan but is still actually a fairly big city. It took me a about an hour and a half on a train to get here this morning and I am so exhausted. I didn't sleep well at all last night. We have the biggest zone in the mission and from what I was told, this zone had the most baptisms in the mission last transfer. So that is sweet.

I have another native as a companion. His name is Elder Yeh. I actually have already served once with him before. He was in my first district when I got here to Taiwan. So there is no award first couple days or anything. Leaving Shipai was not as hard as I thought it would be. Saying goodbye to the Gao family made me sad. Sister Gao is still really coming along. We took the whole family to a Fireside the mission was putting on last night. It was really good. They talked about the purpose of life. The Spirit was incredibly strong, and it was again a very confirming feeling knowing that this is truly the place where happiness is felt.

I love the Gospel. The Plan of Salvation means more and more to me every time its taught. I don't have much time to write this week but I will try to do my best to get it all to you next week. I love you all so much.

The homework this week is 2 Nephi 2.
Its all about the Plan of Salvation.
Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment