Monday, June 21, 2010

Letter # 61

Well, Hello my Family/everyone else. Good week here.

I know I talked a few weeks ago about it being hot. Well ya it really is getting that hot. These last couple days have been so brutally humid. One night we went on exchanges with another companionship in our mission and I went and spent the night in their apartment. Wow did I learn a lot about counting my blessings. First off they had no AC, and that does not fly here in the summer. They also had a mold infestation in there apartment and some elders from the past have gotten sick from it, and when I wanted to cook my noodles at night I had to cook with a flashlight lodged in between my shoulder and my neck because the lights were broken. Ya conditions not being the best for those two elders. The next morning I called the office and told them about the situation. They said they were going to try to get them out as soon as possible. So again everyone back home, count your blessings. Don't take little things like that for granted.

Well this last week like I said went well. I had the opportunity to go on two exchanges this last week. Every Transfer we have to go on exchanges with all the district leaders in the zone. Both of the times I wasn't the one that exchanged with the district leader. I went with the junior companions, and it was a huge learning experience. During both of the exchanges I learned that both the younger missionaries were an example to me in multiple aspects. I realized that as I have gotten older I have forgotten a lot of the little things that younger missionaries still hold on to them from the MTC. It was awesome. One of those things being, humility. For the Most part younger missionaries are always so willing to learn just because most of the time, they don't know any better. I learned that I should always be seeking to learn how to improve myself as a missionary. No matter what transfer I am on.

The other big thing I learned was not having "seasoned missionary pride." A lot of missionaries including myself get caught in the rut of thinking that they "know how to do it,"  which means sometimes we forget the important basics and standards on how to do things. For example, missionaries are expected to be good planners. It was funny because when I was making the plan with this other elder and I thought we were finished. He quickly asked me if we should make a back up plan for a certain lesson that we were having that day. Me being prideful said no, and that the person was for sure going to be there and we didn't need to. We then decided to make one just in case if the person could not meet with us. Lo and behold, the next morning I get a call from that person telling me that he couldn't meet us and had to reschedule. It was a good learning experience to remember to stay humble and to keep learning.

Well not much news on the investigators this week other than we found a new Family of five which was awesome. Well all is good. Thank you so much for all of your prayers. I love you all.

The scripture this week is my companion Elder Yeh's favorite scripture
Helaman 5:11.

And he hath power given unto him from the Father to redeem them from their sins because of repentance; therefore he hath sent his angels to declare the tidings of the conditions of repentance, which bringeth unto the power of the Redeemer, unto the salvation of their souls.

Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment