Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Letter # 60

Hello Family.

Greetings from the new area. Xinzhu or (Hsinchu). You can spell it two different ways, but if you want to look it up on the Internet or anything you have to use the second spelling. So I have successfully made through my first week here. It was a very difficult week I might add. I don't really know how to explain it, but I will do my best. When I first got here I had no idea what to expect. By the second day I was completely feeling more and more incapable of doing this. There was so much I realized that I didn't know.

My companion on the other hand has been a zone leader for a very long time so he seemed so relaxed about everything coming our way. For me I didn't really know what to do. It was a weird feeling this last week. It was almost as if  I had transformed into the missionary that stepped off the plane in Taiwan for the first time. I guess more humbling was needed.

Last night I had a talk with my companion and we discussed all the things that were troubling me. My companion gave me the advice that this is a time when I need to learn how to really listen and to follow. I completely agreed. When I was saying my prayers last night I had realized that the entire week that I had just been whining in my prayers. I then realized that the Lord is probably sick of my whining about how hard it is, or constantly asking him what do I do? Or how to do it? I really believe last night that I might have learned a very important principle in the Gospel. That being, "quit being a baby and just do it." So last night in my prayer I committed to just do all that I could on my part and expect for Him to make up the rest and teach me how.

This was something I had heard in the MTC a thousand or more times but never really understanding how to just do it. I woke up this morning with a lot better feeling knowing that I had said the right things in the prayer and that the decision I had made was right. I am looking forward to what this next week has for us. Actually despite the feeling last week, we were still able to find 6 new investigators, which is really good for our area. It needed it big time. So we had interviews with President this last week and he told me that they are putting lots of good missionaries in our zone lately because in the past this whole zone had a very large problem between the ward members and the missionaries here. I guess there was a lot of trust issues in the past.

They are really trying to build this zone from what President said. So this next transfer my companion and I will be having meetings and will be in really good contact with the Stake leaders. Partly I am excited because I have not been exposed to this on my mission. Most of my mission has been made up of just going outside and finding!

Oh, fun fact! The city of Hsinchu is the largest in Taiwan for producing electronics. So all those computer chips and all the cell phone parts that say made in Taiwan are most likely from our area. So open up your cell phone and check.

Well the scripture I want to share with everyone is 1 Nephi 4:6. Its good.........Its about Nephi........ and goes along with what I was just talking about.

And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.

Okay love you everyone!
Love and Peace from the East
Elder Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment